Wireless Refuge System
As part of “The equality Act (DDA) 2010”, The Regulatory Reform Order (Fire safety law) otherwise known as the RRO & current building regulations, it is now part of fire safety law to provide a safe means of refuge for disabled persons in the event of a fire or emergency.
Any non – domestic building with more than one storey should provide a means of refuge for any person who cannot easily use fire escapes, lifts & stairs during an emergency. The regulation states that an effective two-way communication system must be in place for these refuge areas.
The Wireless Refuge EVC benefits include all of the following:
- Two-way speech and data communication to the EVC Master Panel and/or Master Handset.
- Fully monitored and battery backed in line with the requirements of BS5839-9 (2011)
- Multiline visual display allows for detailed unit specific fault and call log.
- Master panel can handle from 1-40 outstations without upgrade.
- No wiring between outstations and master station